tawnithebookworms

Tawni @ The Book Worms

I am the book blogger and reviewer at THE BOOK WORMS. I've been reading ever since I remember, but it was most recently that I discovered my real love for stories. I'm a book nerd and computer geek :)

Frost

Frost - Marianna Baer I was really excited that I got a copy of Frost for review, because I knew it was a psychological thriller that included a possible haunted house. I love suspenseful stories like these. Unfortunately Frost was lacking a bit in suspense and that thrill a reader should get! I think I'll call this book a 'halfway page-turner'...just a 50/50 for me.

Leena Thomas is just a regular girl, who attends a boarding school and is starting anew with her two best friends and one unexpected roommate. Leena was a dynamic character, whose changing wasn't always necessarily for the better. She struck me as so normal, but as the story continued things got a little crazy.

The other characters compared to Leena didn't stand out to me. The only other character I enjoyed learning more about was Celeste and I believe this is, because she's the one we're supposed to be figuring out.

I was also disappointed to find that the ending was lacking something. I'm not sure what, but I just didn't feel anything at the end. Guaranteed it was interesting, but there were no 'OOOHS', 'AAAHS' or anything! I think it could have had a better affect if suspense had been intensified.

Although the characters and conclusion fell a little flat, Marianna Baer's writing is so true to a teenage girl. Its simple but includes enough emotion and heart that it was easy to connect to each character on individual levels. I have to say one of the best parts of Frost was the writing. Definitely enjoyed it and I'm going to keep my eyes open for more writing from Baer.

I think the majority of readers will enjoy Frost. It may or may not be on your top list, but I definitely think it is a book most of you should try to pick up!