tawnithebookworms

Tawni @ The Book Worms

I am the book blogger and reviewer at THE BOOK WORMS. I've been reading ever since I remember, but it was most recently that I discovered my real love for stories. I'm a book nerd and computer geek :)

Bumped

Bumped - Megan McCafferty Bumped was a very unique and awesome story! I must admit that as I was reading the first half of the book I was thinking to myself, “What in the world?! This is so weird.” The first half was so goofy I really wondered if I could push through it all. But, the funny thing is I ended up loving it! I also absolutely loved that Bumped wasn’t a dark and mysterious dystopian novel, as I usually expect them to be. The concept is so good, yet so creepy that sixteen-year-old girls are responsible for being surrogates for older women (over the age of eighteen) who can’t have children because of a virus. Melody was the first RePro (professional), at her school, with a conception contract as opposed to others who are amateur surrogates and just hope they can sell off the baby. I really loved Melody! She’s smart, pretty, active and she does just about everything correctly. Its hard for me to relate to someone like this, but none-the-less I still loved her. It seemed like she really didn’t care what anyone thought. To me, it felt like she was always scared of the day her ‘suitable bumping mate’ would come around. Harmony annoyed me to no end at first, but she grew on me. She was just so obnoxious with her beliefs, not realizing that others take it differently. But she makes a surprising turn around! The ending was definitely not what I expected. I would assume it would end one way and then it twists and changes, then I’d assume another ending and it still changed! Can I express again how much I love it? Yes, I do. Bumped makes you not only think about what it would be like to have the extreme pressure of ‘bumping’ for money (not because you want to), but the other extreme of it, which is the get-married-at-thirteen and start having babies situation! It was also a story of self-discovery for both girls who have the strength to go against what they’ve been taught. I definitely think you all should read this book. It has sexual content, but its tastefully done and don’t give up on the goofy parts! ;)