tawnithebookworms

Tawni @ The Book Worms

I am the book blogger and reviewer at THE BOOK WORMS. I've been reading ever since I remember, but it was most recently that I discovered my real love for stories. I'm a book nerd and computer geek :)

Review: Taken by Erin Bowman

Taken - Erin Bowman

Taken by Erin Bowman

This book…I loved it. Period, the end. Well, I wish that was all, but I’ll explain a little further. What a fascinating and unique premise. The story unfolded at a perfect pace. There was action, romance, and friendship. A book that keeps me on my toes and learning more and more is all I can ask for. There was never a dull moment, even when the story slows a bit as he learns more about his situation.

I so loved the male perspective. I haven’t read too many books with a male perspective so it was really fun and different. Gray was a very thoughtful and smart character. He was sensitive, yet strong and always cautious. I also really loved Bree, which is someone you will meet as you read the story. She kicks ass. I loved her character and whit. Its always a good thing to have a BA girl thrown into the mix!

Gray was torn between his head and heart often, and of course it was never easy. Based on description (and how I defined him in my head) he was so magnetic, personality and looks wise. It was really neat to have a love triangle with two girls, rather than the norm of two boys. I’m not fond of love triangles, but it definitely works in Taken.

Another reason why I loved Taken was that it was a very believable world. It wasn’t like a robotic dystopian, but a realistic future America that has civil unrest. Its something that really makes you think. You take this journey with Gray as he determines what’s important to him and how he fights for what he believes.

Basically, I would read this book again in a second. There was a full storyline, enough closure, and just enough to leave you wanting more. I enjoyed it so much and can’t wait for future books in the series!

For those who like: Dystopian, male perspective, futuristic civil unrest
Source: Publisher – thank you!

Originally posted at The Book Worms