tawnithebookworms

Tawni @ The Book Worms

I am the book blogger and reviewer at THE BOOK WORMS. I've been reading ever since I remember, but it was most recently that I discovered my real love for stories. I'm a book nerd and computer geek :)

Glow (Sky Chasers)

Glow (Sky Chasers) - Amy Kathleen Ryan I was thrilled when I received copies of Glow in my mailbox. I was on the fence about it from the start, but had hear a few great things on it and was pretty excited going into it. Unfortunately, it fell flat for me and there was just no saving it from being put on my “please don’t bother list”. Glow started off enthralling and really just a great storyline! I liked Kieran, Waverly, and Seth. It was fascinating to learn about life on the Empyrean and their main mission, which is occupying the New Earth. This is also the mission of the Empyrean’s twin ship, New Horizon. I quickly found that I didn’t really have a favorite character or aspect of the story. Each character had an annoying quality that had me pushing away. There was no real character connection for me and that’s a negative, because I feel its essential that I do so in order to enjoy it. Ryan’s writing is very unique and for the most part was clear and precise with good detail, but I noticed that I was still lost here and there. After the initial excitement though, the story became a bit too zig-zaggy and out of control for my taste. I felt as though there wasn’t a solid storyline for me to follow and there was way too many things going on. Overall, Glow was not one of my favorite books. It was a good read from time to time and I loved learning about the lifestyle aboard these space ships, but I felt it to be a little weird and too much for a single book. If you give it a shot, I would really love to read your thoughts, so please let me know where to find your review!