tawnithebookworms

Tawni @ The Book Worms

I am the book blogger and reviewer at THE BOOK WORMS. I've been reading ever since I remember, but it was most recently that I discovered my real love for stories. I'm a book nerd and computer geek :)

Descended by Blood

Descended by Blood (A Vampire Born Trilogy, #1) - Angeline Kace Descended by Blood was a refreshing new vampire story! It definitely had an awesome and unique twist that sets it apart from the many others out there. I’m just going to spit it out – I’m going into this Team Mirko all the way! ;) I really enjoyed the writing style. It was very simple, but detailed enough that there was no losing grip on what’s going on! I loved the twist on vampire legend and history. It was really interesting, because it was different enough that I was never comparing it to other vampire history that I’ve read about from other books. I was thoroughly absorbed in learning more about the Pijawika history. Although I loved many aspects of the story, I didn’t care too much for Brooke, the main character. I felt that there was nothing to relate to her about and sometimes she got on my nerves. I liked Jaren and Mirko much, much more! Mirko was especially a favorite and he’s one of those guys that is not afraid to hold back what he thinks, but melts your heart…the bad boy style. Does that make sense? Descended by Blood was fast paced and action packed! I was always on edge of figuring out what and who and how and so on! I think everyone should grab a copy of this book and read it as soon as possible. Great debut by Angeline Kace! I will be keeping my eyes open for her work in the future and, of course, continuing with this series.