tawnithebookworms

Tawni @ The Book Worms

I am the book blogger and reviewer at THE BOOK WORMS. I've been reading ever since I remember, but it was most recently that I discovered my real love for stories. I'm a book nerd and computer geek :)

Happy Birthday to Me

Happy Birthday to Me  - Brian  Rowe What a unique storyline! I was excited to jump into Happy Birthday to Me and it was definitely right up my alley. Brian Rowe is a detailed and skillful writer and it was overall a refreshing and fun read! Cameron is the star basketball player at his school who has, what he thinks is, the best girlfriend and life is good for him. Then everything goes wrong when he starts aging a year with each passing day. People try to steer clear of him and pretty soon his dreams of being the team’s star player, graduating high school, and moving on to college is disintegrating before his eyes. Cameron was a jerk…I mean a JERK. I didn’t like him at all and it took a while for me to actually get used to him and see him slowly, oh so sloooowly change throughout the story. At first I thought I wouldn’t enjoy this book, because if you dislike the main character why force yourself to read it? But after the first few chapters I was kind of addicted. I was constantly reading, because I just had to know what would happen to him in the next! Brian Rowe’s writing is hilarious, serious, and heartfelt. I was laughing, crying, and awestruck throughout. To me, that’s a unique book. By the end of the book the message was clear that just because you get old or are different in some way, there are people who care about you and that struck a cord with me. Its important to feel that there are people who care and love you no matter what! Anyways…moving on shall we? I also really liked the parts about Cameron and his family life. Cameron’s dad isn’t happy with him and pushes him to pursue things he’s not interested in. Cameron’s mom is kind hearted and his little sister is a violin freak. I feel that this was my favorite part of the story. They are like any other family who has their problems and it came off as so real to me. It was something everyone can relate to. Don’t miss this book! Make sure you get it in print or an ecopy. Its a must read and its funny and serious, the perfect balance. I might be doing a giveaway soon so make sure to check back!